Security Studies,Regional Studies-Areas of Expertise
SATAKE Tomohiko(Senior Fellow, Defense Policy Division, Policy Studies Department)
|2002||B.A. Keio University|
|2004||M.A. Keio University|
|2010||Ph.D. Australian National University|
|2010||Research Fellow, National Institute for Defense Studies|
|2013||Deputy Director for International Security, International Policy Division, Bureau of Defense Policy, Ministry of Defense, Japan (until March 2014)|
Alliance Studies, Asia-Pacific Security, Japanese Defense and Security Policies
- "Japan, Australia, and International Security Burden-sharing with the United States", In William Tow and Rikki Kersten (eds.), Bilateral Perspectives on Regional Security: Australia, Japan and the Asia-Pacific Region (London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2012).
- "America's Rebalance and its Implication for the US-Japan-Australia Security Cooperation" (co-authored with Yusuke Ishihara) Asia-Pacific Review, 19(2), 2012: 6-25.
- "Japan's Security Perspective in 2011: Toward a More 'Dynamic' Defense Posture", in Security Outlook of the Asia Pacific Countries and Its Implications for the Defense Sector (Tokyo: National Institute for Defense Studies, 2012)
- "The Origin of Trilateralism? The US-Japan-Australia Security Relations during the 1990s," International Relations of the Asia-Pacific, Vol. 11, No. 1, 2011: 87-114.
- "Japan’s Nuclear Policy: Between Non-nuclear Identity and US Extended Deterrence," Austral Policy Forum, 09 12-A (May 2009)