Security Studies,Regional Studies-Areas of Expertise
Yusuke Ishihara(Fellow, Policy Studies Department)
|2007||Bachelor of Laws, Department of Political Science Keio University|
|2009||Master of Arts in Strategic Studies, Graduate Studies in Strategy and Defence, Australian National University|
|2010||Research Fellow, The National Institute For Defense Studies|
|2014 to Present||Deputy Director, International Policy Division, Bureau of Defense Policy, Ministry of Defense|
Areas of Expertise
Japanese Foreign Policy in Asia
- "Japan's National Security in 2013," Security Outlook of the Asia Pacific Countries and Its Implications for the Defense Sector: NIDS Joint Research Series, No. 11, October 2014, pp. 123-148.
- "Japan-Australia Defense Cooperation in the Asia Pacific Region", ANU-NIDS Joint Research: Beyond Hub and Spokes, Tokyo:NIDS, March 2014, pp. 93-122.
- "Japan-Australia Security Relations and the Rise of China," UNISCI Discussion Papers, No.32, May 2013, pp.81-98.
- "Australia's Security Policy: Enhancing Engagements in the Asia-Pacific Region", East Asian Strategic Review 2013 (English Version), Tokyo: Japan Times, May 2013.
- "America's Rebalance to Asia and its Implications for Japan-US-Australia Security Cooperation," (co-authored with Tomohiko Satake) Asia-Pacific Review, 19:2 (November 2012), pp. 6-25.