Security Studies,Regional Studies-Areas of Expertise
WATANABE Takeshi(Senior Fellow, Asia and Africa Division, Regional Studies Department)
|1997||B.A. in Law, Tokyo Metropolitan University|
|2000||M.A. in Politics, Keio University|
|2009||M.A. in International Affairs, American University|
Areas of Expertise
NIDS Website (English)
- "The Panmunjom Declaration for North Korea: Nuclear Weaponry, Alignment, and Regime Competition"(June 2018).
- "In South Korea, NATO is a Reference for Tactical Nuclear Weapon Advocates,"(February 2018).
- "Without Incentives: North Korea's Response to Denuclearization," NIDS Journal of Defense and Security, No.18 (December 2017).
- "The US-ROK Alliance Faces China: South Korea's Missile Defense," (March 2016).
- "Reform of South Korea's Defense Acquisition Program Administration," (December 2014).
- "Despite North Korea's Nuclear Test, China Maintained Close Ties with It," (December 2009).
- "The Impact US-South Korea Missile Defense Cooperation Can Have on Regional Security: Expanding the Role of the Alliance," (January 2010).
- "Politics of Peace Treaty on Korea: Common Threats and Ally's Control," Toa (East Asia), No. 617 (November 11, 2018).
- "The Reason Why China- South Korea Rapprochement Falls Short of Honeymoon," WEDGE, Vol. 27, No. 7 (July 2015).
- "Women in the ROK Armed Forces: A Condition for Deterrence to North Korea," NIDS Security Studies, Vol. 17, No. 2 (February 2015).
- "Redefinition of Asymmetric Alliance in Bipolar Worlds: The Role of the Republic of Korea-United States Alliance in Great Power Politics," Journal of Law (Keio University), Vol. 83, No.12 (December 2010).