Security Studies,Regional Studies-Areas of Expertise
Takeshi Watanabe(Senior Fellow, Asia and Africa Division, Regional Studies Department)
|1997||B.A. in Law, Tokyo Metropolitan University|
|2000||M.A. in Politics, Keio University|
|2009||M.A. in International Affairs, American University|
Areas of Expertise
- "Redefinition of Asymmetric Alliance in Bipolar Worlds: The Role of the Republic of Korea-United States Alliance in Great Power Politics," Journal of Law (Keio University), Vol. 83, No.12, (December 2010).
- "Shared Identity as a Source of Threats: North Korea's Struggle for Survival," Kaigai Jijyo (Journal of World Affairs), Vol. 61, No. 6 (June 2013)
- "Jang Song Thaek's Execution and North Korea's Autocratic System," WEDGE, Vol. 26, No. 2, (February 2014).
- "Women in the ROK Armed Forces: A Condition for Deterrence to North Korea," NIDS Security Studies, Volume 17, Number 2, (February 2015).
- "The Reason Why China- South Korea Rapprochement Falls Short of Honeymoon," WEDGE, Vol. 27, No. 7, (July 2015).
- "Despite North Korea's Nuclear Test, China Maintained Close Ties with It," NIDS Commentary, No.3, (December 2009).
- "The Impact US-South Korea Missile Defense Cooperation Can Have on Regional Security: Expanding the Role of the Alliance," Briefing Memo, No, 139, (January 2010).
- "Reform of South Korea's Defense Acquisition Program Administration," NIDS Commentary, No.41, (December 2014).
- "The US-ROK Alliance Faces China: South Korea's Missile Defense," Briefing Memo, (March 2016).