Security Studies,Regional Studies-Areas of Expertise
Shigeo Kikuchi (Head, Global Security Division, Policy Studies Department)
|1991||B.A. in International Relations, University of Tsukuba|
|1996||M.A. in International Relations, Elliott School of International Affairs, George Washington University|
Areas of Expertise
Civil-military relations, jointness, military institutions and military policy of the United States
- "Japan: National Defense Program Guidelines and Defense Capabilities for the 21st Century," chap. 8, in the National Institute for Defense Studies, East Asian Strategic Review 2005 (Tokyo: The Japan Times, 2006)
- "Reisen no Shuketsu to Soren Rosia Gun no Kyoininshikihenka" [The Perception of Security Threat within the Russian (Soviet) Military after the Cold War] Shin Boeironshu [The Journal of National Defense], vol. 26, no. 2 (September 1998).
- "Reisengo no Kakuheikikoku no Kakusenryaku" [The Post-Cold War Nuclear Strategy of the Nuclear-Weapon States], Boeikenkyujo Kiyo [NIDS Security Reports], vol. 3, no. 1 (August 2000) (coauthored)
- "Beigun no Kyodoenshu no Keikou to Ajia Taiheiyo no Anzenhosho" [U.S. Approach to International Military Exercises and Asia-Pacific Security], Boeikenkyujo Kiyo [NIDS Security Reports], vol. 6, no. 2 (December 2003).
- "Iraku no Jiyu Sakusen no Beigun no Toransufomeshon ni Taisuru Eikyo"[Operation Iraqi Freedom and Its Implications for US Military Transformation], Boeikenkyujo Kiyo [NIDS Security Reports], vol. 8, no. 3 (March 2006)