Security Studies,Regional Studies-Areas of Expertise
KATAYAMA Yoshio (Head, Defense Policy Division, Policy Studies Department)
katayama @ nids.go.jp
|1980||LLB, University of Osaka|
|1982||LLM, University of Osaka|
|1985||MA in International Relations, Australian National University|
|1990||PhD in Politics, University of Aberdeen|
Areas of Expertise
Terrorism, International Relations
- "Redefinition of the Concept of Low-Intensity Conflict," NIDS Security Report, Mar. 2002, No.3
- "Gendai no Terorizumu no Hukanzu," Kaigai Jijyou (Journal of World Affairs), Vol.59, No.7-8, July 2011.
- Tero-Taisaku-Nyuumon (co-author) (Introduction to Counter-terrorism), Aki Syobou, 2006.
- "Tero-taisaku ni okeru Gun to Keisatu (Military and Police in Counter-terrorism)", Musasinogakuin Daigaku Nihon-sougou-kenkyuujyo Kiyou (Musasinogakuin University Japanese Studies Journal), Vol.3, Mar. 2006.
- "Tero-taisaku ni okeru Hou-sikikkoulikan to Gun no Hiukaku-kenkyuu (Law-enforcement Agency and Armed Force in Counter-terrorism)," Kokusai Anzen-hosyou (The Journal of International Security),, Mar. 2005, Vol.32, No.4.
- "9/11 Jiken ga Imisuru Mono (Implication of 11 September), )Kokusai Anzen-hosyou (The Journal of International Security), Oct.2002, Vol.30, No. 1-2
- "Jindouteki-kainyuu no Doukou (Humanitarian Intervention ? Legitimacy and National Interest)," Keisatsu Seisaku (Security Science Review), 2001, Vol.3, No.1.
- "Kita-Taiheiyou Annzen-hosyou Wakugumi eno Tenbou (Proposal of a North Pcific Security Framework)," Shin-Boueironsyuu (The Journal of National Defence), Dec. 1999, Vol.27, No.3.
- Nichibei-doumei no Koukyousei to Nihon no Yakuwari (Japan’s Role in the International Security through the Alliance with the United States), Shin-Boueironsyuu (The Journal of National Defence), Sep. 1996, Vol.24, No.2